We offer a diverse range of products tailored to your application needs. While our major applications are beer and wine, we offer further applications such as fruit juice and tea. Depending on the manufacturing conditions, coarse or fine grain products are obtained, which differ in their application properties. Divergan® is available as coarse Divergan® RS for beer, and as fine Divergan F® for beer and wine. Special Divergan® types for single and multiple use are available. Choose from a diverse range of products tailored to your application needs.
The single use solution: Divergan® F
- Highly Selective: Specifically adsorbs phenolic compounds in beer & wine
- Easy to handle, no lumping
- Well-defined particle size distribution, homogenous PVPP-structure
- Designed and developed for pure taste and stability of beverages
- Provides longer shelf life by preventing haze
- Application in existing filter lines possible with high efficiency, even at low dosages.
- Continuous dosage in addition to the filter aids (e.g. kieselguhr)
- Combination with filter aids and further stabilizing agents possible
- Insoluble in all common solvents, and can therefore be completely and readily removed after use
Sustainable and Regenerable: Divergan® RS
- Cost-efficient with low loss rates: where the size of the brewery is appropriate, the instillation of a regeneration plan is worthwhile
- Highly Selective: Specifically adsorbs phenolic compounds in beer
- Easy to handle, sustainable product intended for re-use
- No filter clogging and high permeability, reduced swelling volume
- High mechanical stability
- Insoluble in all common solvents, and can therefore be completely separated from the beer by filtration
The Innovative Answer to (heavy) Metals: Divergan® HM
- Intended for single use as an easy drop-in solution
- Selective binding of (heavy) metals causing accelerated aging and off-flavors
- Reduces metallic bitterness and aging reactions for a pure taste sensation over a longer period
- No reduction of minerals in wine (i.e.: Mg, Ca, K and Na)
- Can be used in conjunction with other stabilizers
We give our customers a competitive edge with the following advantages:
- A unique, patented production process
- An eco-efficient, single-use and regenerable solution that’s easy and safe to handle and dispose
- Highly selective adsorption of polyphenols
- A clean label
- Long shelf life and consistently high quality product
Divergan® is used for filtration and stabilization of beverages, and create stable, visually appetizing, long-lasting beers, wines, and beverages with an exquisite taste.
Divergan RS®: PVPP for use in Regenerable Processes
Divergan® RS: The Economical, Sustainable Choice
Divergan® RS was specifically developed for use in stabilization and regeneration plants. In normal practice, Divergan® RS is added to the beer from a separate metering vessel after diatomaceous earth (kieselguhr) filtration, and separated from the beer in the PVPP filter. The regeneration subsequently occurs in this filter. The small losses arising from regeneration (approximately 1% or less) ensure very low beer stabilization costs. An optimal particle size distribution with low fine-grade fraction, the guaranteed low swelling volume, the high mechanical stability and a qualified technical on-site service ensures trouble-free filtration over an extended period.
Dosage Recommendation Divergan RS*
*The dosage depends on many factors, such as raw-material quality, cellar technology, pre-clarification, other stabilization methods, desired shelf life, etc...
Normal dosages, in the range of 20–50 g/hl, are recommended. With comparable colloidal stability, the PVPP dosage can be reduced to 15–40 g/hl with silica-gel pre-stabilization. Due to the generally lower polyphenol content, beers with approximately 30% raw-particle fraction require a lower PVPP dosage. When pre-stabilizing with, e.g., silica gel, 15–35 g/hl or 10–25 g/hl are generally sufficient.
Divergan® RS may be repeatedly used in the recycling filter with low loss rates.