Our Lametop® DATEMs: Highly Effective Emulsifiers for Baked Goods
Our Lametop® range (mono- and diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids) helps baked goods manufacturers deliver an attractive appearance, delicious taste, high volume and perfect crumb structure. It can also be used as a stabilizer in non-dairy cream, ready-to-drink milk tea and in many other emulsions.
Consumers like to have appealing baked goods with a great smell, taste and feel. Bread and rolls should come in a perfect shape, with a soft and elastic crumb structure and crispy crust. All goods need to have a long shelf life and stay as fresh as on their first day.
Our Lametop® range is used in many different yeast-raised baked goods to ensure production safety at all times and consistent high quality. It improves dough stability and tolerance and creates excellent volume in all kinds of baked goods.
Benefits of Lametop®
- We offer a wide range of Lametop® variations and are one of the leading suppliers of food performance ingredients such as emulsifier systems
- We provide our customers and partners with the perfect solutions for their needs and challenges through technical application services and product development as well as tailor-made training in our eight globally linked Application Labs
- We supply consistently high performance DATEM for Bakery applications
What makes BASF's Lametop® unique?
Our Lametop® range offers a wide variety of DATEM types based on various fat sources, esterification degrees and carrier type to accommodate our customers' functional needs.
Our Lametop® range provides the following advantages:
- Excellent dough mixing tolerance
- Increased gas retaining capacity and improved fermentation tolerance
- Greater dough stability, even under the stressful conditions of larger commercial or plant bakeries
- Increased bread volume and enhanced overall appearance
- Fine, consistent crumb structure
We offer a wide range of Lametop® variations. Our full portfolio includes powdered products such as high-performance Lametop® 500 and its fully rapeseed-based version Lametop® 500 RS as well as the best-in-class grade Lametop® 552.
High-performance products such as Lamegin® DWP 2000 are available for liquid baking improver systems. Lametop® 322 is carrier-free and thus the preferred product for all kinds of emulsions.
For decades, BASF has been highly committed to delivering the best quality product to customers Our in-depth application expertise in baked goods serves as the basis for our ability to provide customers with the perfect solutions for their needs and challenges.
Our Lametop® range is used in rolls, buns, bread, baguette, croissants, donuts and other baked goods. Apart from baked goods applications, it can also be used as an emulsifier in applications such as non-dairy cream, milk tea, recombined milk and creams, savory spreads, beverages and many other emulsions.
Disclaimer: The data contained in this publication are based on our current knowledge and experience. In view of the many factors that may affect processing and application of our product, these data do not relieve processors from carrying out their own investigations and tests; neither do these data imply any guarantee of certain properties, nor the suitability of the product for a specific purpose. Any descriptions, drawings, photographs, data, proportions, weights, etc. given herein may change without prior information and do not constitute the agreed contractual quality of the product. It is the responsibility of the recipient of our products to ensure that any proprietary rights and existing laws and legislations are observed.