Our Crosspure® Product Range
Crosspure® is a kieselguhr-free filtration aid for beverages such as wine or beer. Crosspure® improves clarity and stability with a pure taste, and long shelf life. Crosspure® filters and stabilizes your product in just one step. With more than 150 years experience in the human nutrition industry we are among the key partners for several beverage applications.
Crosspure® is an innovative, regenerable polymer consisting of 70% polystyrene and 30% Polyvinylpyrrolidon (PVPP), which combine stabilization and filtration into one step. Crosspure® can adsorb polyphenols and hold back yeast, proteins, replacing kieselguhr and PVPP as filtration and stabilization aid.
Combine clarity with stability while eliminating kieselguhr
There’s more than one good reason for making Crosspure® your preferred choice when it comes to kieselguhr-free filtration and stabilization of beer: Crosspure® is regenerable, safe and easy to handle.
Filter and stabilize your product in just one step
In a technical process, haze particles like yeasts, complexes consisting of protein, and tanning agents are effectively removed. Using Crosspure® will result in a product that will fulfill all your customers’ demands for a crystal clear beverage. Crosspure® is not only regenerable, with virtually no limits, but it is the most sustainable filtration technology currently on the market. Therefore, a filtration free of kieselguhr is as healthy for your business as it is for your employees.
The Crosspure® 2-in-1 Effect: One-step filtration and stabilization
When filtering with Crosspure®, two separation mechanisms provide perfect clarity. Physical processes remove particulate substances causing turbidity such as yeasts, protein-tannin complexes, oxalates, and hops resins. In addition, dissolved tannins are adsorbed such as anthocyanogens and flavonoids.
- We provide with Crosspure® a safe and sustainable alternative for beverage filtration and clarification. Crosspure® is physically and chemically stable with a nonabrasive effect. Its recyclable properties make it an eco-efficient substitute for kieselguhr, which poses health hazards, is non-renewable, and requires careful product handling and disposal.
- We developed a premium product range of user-friendly and highly effective products. The filter cake can be easily removed from the filter candles or filter elements. Crosspure® satisfies customer preference for clear beverages, and optimally reduces tannins. Crosspure® is an extremely versatile product, it can be used in existing regeneration systems with minor modifications. It is also possible to retrofit existing candles or ZHF filters with the regeneration system.
- We support our customers to cut their losses. The Crosspure® filtration and regeneration cycle can be repeated almost endlessly. A maximum of 1% per regeneration is lost, with the recycled material showing consistent, high product quality you can count on. Only a minor investment is necessary to cut “classic” filtrations and stabilization costs.
- We support our customers and partners with technical application services and product developments as well as tailor-made trainings in our globally linked Application Labs. Our experts offer traditional German brewing expertise combined with gained knowledge and competence in filtration and stabilization.
Advanced Beer Filtration with Crosspure®
Crosspure® is an innovative solution developed by BASF for optimum filtration and stabilization of beer and other beverages. Compared to conventional products, the filter excipient provides several advantages: Crosspure® is regenerable, safe, and easy to handle.
One Filter, Two Effects: Two separation mechanisms provide perfect clarity
- 2:1 Solution: filtration and stabilization in one filter
- 1:2 Solution: one filter line makes 2 CP filters
We give our customers a competitive edge with the following advantages:
- A unique, patented production process with a 2-in 1 solution
- An eco-efficient, regenerable solution that’s safe to handle
- Highly selective adsorption of polyphenols
- A clean label
- Long shelf life and consistently high quality product
- Higher flavor stability due to diligent uptake of metals, unlike natural filter aids (e.g. kieselguhr),
- Cost saving compared to classic filtration and stabilization technologies only minor investment
We offer different sized particles, with same composition: Crosspure® F and Crosspure® XF.
BASF offers you traditional German brewing expertise combined with knowledge and competence in filtration and stabilization.
With more than 150 years of experience, our beverage experts help our customers bring new beverages to market and meet the unique needs of end-consumers. Our experts offer traditional German brewing expertise combined with gained knowledge and competence in filtration and stabilization and support our customers and partners with application and market know-how.
Regeneration of Crosspure®
Crosspure® is highly effective, extremely economical and environmentally friendly. After successful filtration, Crosspure®’s potential is far from exhausted:
- Crosspure® is almost unlimitedly regenerable
- Regeneration losses are less than 1 percent.
Crosspure® can be regenerated like PVPP in a combined filtration and regeneration system: a closed system comprised of a dosing unit, filter, and CIP system. This means it can be effectively regenerated in a multi-step process with already existing systems!
Crosspure® by BASF - Polymer for 2-in-1 stabilization and filtration of beer
We make your beer at leisure time even more tasty: Watch this short film for more information on how Crosspure® beer filtration and stabilization could make a difference in your brewery.
Disclaimer: The data contained in this publication are based on our current knowledge and experience. In view of the many factors that may affect processing and application of our product, these data do not relieve processors from carrying out their own investigations and tests; neither do these data imply any guarantee of certain properties, nor the suitability of the product for a specific purpose. Any descriptions, drawings, photographs, data, proportions, weights, etc. given herein may change without prior information and do not constitute the agreed contractual quality of the product. It is the responsibility of the recipient of our products to ensure that any proprietary rights and existing laws and legislations are observed.
Discover our Product Range
|Crosspure® F||Information & Certificates|
|Crosspure® XF||Information & Certificates|