Food Is Culture and Culture Is Local
BASF has a 150-year tradition of innovation, which, together with our advanced knowledge and expertise, assures our customers consistently high quality food ingredients. We provide a wide portfolio of performance and health ingredients to design food that looks and tastes good and has a pleasant feel as well.
Eating is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Besides providing energy and nutrients, food also represents enjoyment and is a social event. Consumers not only want to satisfy their nutritional needs by eating, they want to be offered unique taste experiences. However, the kind of food people perceive as appealing differs from region to region, since food is also closely linked to culture.
We offer the food industry health ingredients such as vitamins, carotenoids (e.g. Lutein®) and omega 3 fatty acids and functional ingredients such as emulsifiers. These ingredients are used in either liquid or solid form in foodstuffs such as staple-enriched cereals, dairy products such as such as yogurt drinks, infant and child nutrition products, spreads, dressings and desserts as well as ready-to-eat meals and snacks. Furthermore, our Vegapure® plant sterols and sterol esters lower cholesterol in a safe and natural way and are applied e.g. in margarine or dairy products. We also offer Lamequick® whipping agents, Spongolit® aerating emulsifiers and Nutrilife® bakery enzymes, all of which add feel-good factors to bakery and dessert products.
- We have more than 150 years experience in the dietary supplements, food and beverage industry.
- We have developed a premium product range of food performance ingredients such as aerating emulsifiers, enzymes and whipping agents as well as health ingredients and colorants for the food industry.
- We extend our portfolio with forward-looking products, formulations and concepts based on global trends and regional specifications.
- We meet the highest regulatory and quality requirements with our products.
- We support our customers and partners with technical application services and product developments as well as tailor-made training in our eight globally linked Application Labs.
With more than 150 years experience in the the food industry, our experts help our customers bring new food products to market and meet the unique needs of end-consumers. Our labs support our customers and partners with application and market expertise. We constantly expand our food performance solution portfolio to provide new solutions for the unique local needs of our customers.
Disclaimer: Specific regulations in the respective countries on the ingredients used, for the intended use and claims made on the final product have to be observed.