Soft Gelatin Capsules
Our Solutions to enrich Soft Gelatin Capsules with Health-Promoting Nutrients
Soft gelatin capsules, also known as soft gels, are still the leading product format in dietary supplements. We offer a wide range of health ingredients, dedicated to use in Soft Gelatin Capsules.
Consumers who opt for soft gelatin capsules expect them to have an elegant, homogenous appearance. Moreover, they value the odorlessness and the smooth surface of soft gels and even mini-capsules, which makes them easy to swallow. Newer trends are seamless capsules which come in sizes of a few millimeters and are hence ideal for those experiencing dysphagia.
The capsules can be easily digested and the active ingredients are readily available for absorption in the intestine. Depending upon the formulation, the outer shell of the capsule can protect the active ingredients from oxygen or light exposure.
Our health ingredients dedicated to use in soft gels provide superior homogeneity and don’t crystallize, allowing flawless filling of the capsules.
- We are the key industry partner to the dietary supplements industry with more than 150 years of experience.
- We offer a highly relevant and wide portfolio, which meets the highest regulatory and quality requirements, suitable for manufacturing several types of dietary supplements.
- We develop and regionalize science-based health platforms and product formats.
- We support our customers and partners with technical application service and development as well as tailor-made trainings in our globally linked Human Nutrition labs around the world.
- We are the only supplier in the market with products, industry experience and consumer solutions in the dietary supplements and pharma market.
For soft gel capsules, we offer various vitamins, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin E. In addition, we offer carotenoids (e.g. Lucarotin®), LycoVit® nature-identical lycopene, Xangold® lutein esters as well as the omega-3 fatty acids Omega Oil TG Gold and Pronova Pure®, Vegapure® plant sterols, and Tonalin® CLA.
Our Human Nutrition experts support you all the way from consultation to implementation, letting you react quickly to changes in the market. Our Human Nutrition labs around the world combine global expert knowledge with a deep understanding of local needs, preferences and habits. In addition, we offer our customers and partners technical application service and development as well as tailor-made trainings in our Human Nutrition labs.
BASF’s pharma excipients such as coating materials and solubilizers can also be used for such applications.
Disclaimer: Specific regulations in the respective countries on the ingredients used, for the intended use and claims made on the final product have to be observed.