Powders & Granules
Our solutions to fortify and even manufacture powders and granules
Powders and granules are catching up with hard gel capsules and tablets and are by now among the top three product formats for dietary supplements globally. We offer various health ingredients that can be optimally used inside these dosage forms.
Powders are mixtures of finely divided ingredients whereas granules are agglomerates of powdered materials prepared into larger particles. They can be used to produce hard gel capsules and sachets. Very popular with consumers are e. g. effervescent powders and granules – when added to water, they release carbon dioxide and start to fizz.
Both powders and granules offer several application advantages. The active ingredients will work shortly after ingestion, since disintegration is not required or, in the case of hard capsules, does not take very long. Powders and granules are also a convenient dosage form in which to dispense health ingredients in a large dose.
Our health ingredients dedicated towards the use in powders and granules show a high flowability, excellent mix-ability, particle size uniformity as well as a high stability in the application. In addition, BASF’s pharma excipients are used as disintegrants, solubilizes, stabilizers, lubricants, filler, binder and coating materials.
- We are the key industry partner to the dietary supplements industry with more than 150 years of experience.
- We offer a highly relevant and wide portfolio which meets the highest regulatory and quality requirements, suitable for manufacturing several types of dietary supplements.
- We develop and regionalize science-based health platforms and product formats.
- We support our customers and partners with technical application service and development as well as tailor-made trainings in our globally linked Human Nutrition labs around the world.
- We are the only supplier in the market with products, industry experience and consumer solutions in the dietary supplements and pharma market.
We offer various vitamins for dietary supplement powders and granules, such as vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, vitamin D3, vitamin E and vitamin K1. Additionally, we offer omega-3 fatty acids (Dry n-3®), ß-carotenes (e.g. Lucarotin®), LycoVit® nature-identical lycopene, Tonalin® CLA and Vegapure® plant sterols for the use in powders and granules. BASF’s pharma excipients such as Kollidon®, Kollicoat®, Soluplus®, Ludipress®, Ludiflash®, Kolliwax® are widely used in these types of formulation.
Disclaimer: Specific regulations in the respective countries on the ingredients used, for the intended use and claims made on the final product have to be observed.