Your benefits at a glance
Environmental impact as a third pillar in feed formulation
Opteinics™ is a digital solution that offers dynamic environmental footprinting of feed and animal protein. Identify opportunities for improvement, without compromising cost and nutrition. With its direct data link to feed formulation software, time and resources invested are kept to a minimum.
Did you miss our launch webinar? Get insights and see Opteinics™ in action by watching the recording here.
Consider environmental impact when designing feed
How it works
Which animal proteins does Opteinics™ cover?
Why did BASF develop Opteinics™?
- BASF Animal nutrition has been a pioneer in LCA and sustainability assessments since 1996.
- We believe the industry is at a tipping point, as the pressure is greater than ever from consumers, retailers, investors and policy makers.
- To support the transformation we built a digital scalable solution that anyone in the feed or animal protein industry can use to understand and reduce their environmental impact.
- Opteinics™ is neutral, reliable and uses globally accepted databases and methodologies.
Our vision: an animal protein digital ecosystem
- In the future, the animal protein industry is dependent on a deep and transparent collaboration to comply with market and regulatory demands.
- This collaboration will foster a digital integration of the value chain for farm-to-fork transparency.
- Our solution can provide real-time, environmental footprinting and make animal production even more sustainable, based on primary data.
- Thus, we are looking for partners in the feed and animal protein value chain that want to pave the way into a sustainable future.